Wednesday, December 12, 2007

ICE ICE BABY







Hola and Hello to everybody......WOW what a week we have had here! It started with one winter storm after another after another. The weirdness escalated Tuesday morning when all the meteorologists started warning everyone to stock up on food, batteries, gas, prescription medicines etc... so after I got off work I stood in line at the supermarket with the rest of the state of Kansas and bought the last gallon of milk , last loaf of bread... etc etc. The storm came and the temperatures dropped and it was a long 48 hours of snapping tree branches, no electricity, no phones, and ice ice and more ice! My father is on day 3 without electricity and water.....no heat, no toilet nothing. It will probably be another 7 days at least before power is restored in his area. My sister is a nurse in one of the local hospitals and she went home to her kids tonight for the first time since Monday morning. ELECTRICITY IS A WONDERFUL THING! PS... I am really sick of winter already.

4 comments:

Karina said...

And here I am complaining on my blog today about my 3 hour commute home because of a snow storm (I live 11 miles from work)...still, the Ice is definitely much worse...ugh. Glad you have electricity back, hope your dad gets it back soon too.

Jannis said...

You have every right to complain about a 3 hour commute! I would lose my mind...... It sounds like my dad will be without power for 7 to 10 more days.

Fernando said...

And we complain here because temperatures have fallen to 26ºF!I'm so happy to live in a place with this climate!
Besos para todos

Anonymous said...

And here I am whining because the hot water went off for a few minutes, and I had to wash my hands in cold water this morning.
Hope everything rights itself soon.
Thinking of you here in NYC,
Frances