Monday, December 31, 2007

Spanish White Wine


My 2 favorite white wines are Albarino and Chardonnay. The Albarino grape is grown in a very small area of Northwest Spain and border of Portugal. Its not a cheap wine, because the grape is not abundant. The taste is slightly dry, floral and citrus. An average bottle in my part of the world is about 18.00 dollars. I have found this particular brand Salneval 2006 for 9.00 dollars a bottle. I guess I would give it a 85 or 86 rating. Its a decent wine.
I will show some of my favorite Chardonnays as well as my favorite Reds in a post soon. I warn you I have LOTS OF FAVORITES! I am sorry for the poor photo quality. My husband gave me this crappy digital camera, said something about it was the first digital camera ever made....

1 comment:

Karina said...

HMMM...wine! I so love wine now. Maybe I'll share some of my favorites too, as I'm becoming more adept at choosing wine.

I'll have to try that Albarino though...next trip to the liquor store I'll seek it out.