Saturday, February 16, 2008

Kansas " Seafood "


I found this photo in an old box and had to smile. I would guess that it was taken in 1969 or 1970. I remember my dad (the tall good looking man on the right) going on lots of fishing trips with his buddies. They would bring truckloads of channel cat, catfish and flathead home. Kansas might still hold the record for biggest flathead ever caught, about 10 years ago one was caught that weighed over 120 pounds. Look at my little sister standing so close to that slimey thing that its fin is rubbing her arm. She never was afraid of anything! Do you see the black truck in the background? I remember sitting in it and pretending to drive even after it was retired to the back forty! Fast forward 40 years and my taste in fish leans to fresh tuna and sardines. Mmmm sardines.....

1 comment:

Karina said...

How cute were you? :-) Love this picture!