Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My First Caucus

I just got home from the Kansas Democratic Caucuses. In my district 1000 people showed up and packed into the school cafeteria. Four reps stood up and gave a short speech for Kucinich, Edwards, Clinton and Obama. (my neighbor gave the speech for Kucinich.) Eight people went with Edwards and Eight went with Kucinich. 280 went with Clinton, and the rest stood on Obama's side of the room. Pay attention to this lady in the pink beside me, she is Kathleen Sebelius Governor of Kansas and rumored by some to be a viable running mate with Barack Obama. I asked her if there was truth to the rumors she might run as Vice President, she was very gracious in informing me it was a long way from talking about that. I am so happy tonight, it warms my heart to know that I am not the only Democrat in this State of Kansas!

4 comments:

Fernando said...

You look gorgeous, Jannis!
I'm happy to know you're not the only democrat in Kansas.I'm also happy to see that that country is changing at last.(Change we can believe in).As 20,000 people shouted a few days ago in L.A.:¡Sí, se puede!

Unknown said...

Hi there! THanks for the comment on my blog--and I really apprecite that offer of real meat. We plan to hitchhike across America on our way back, so we might just take you up on that offer!! I see that you're up on the nomination action--that is awesome. Even from here, we were so psyched for Super Tuesday and have kept up on every bit of the campaigns. It's especially exciting as I'm for Hillary and my husband is for McCain. ;-) Keep up the support, things they are a changing, although remember that regardless of who is president, I thank God I was born in Americ-a-almost every day!

Fernando said...

I thank my parents I was born in Spain.

Jannis said...

Fernando LMAO!!!!