Thursday, October 11, 2007

El palacio de Olloniego.



People in Asturias think nothing of walking 10 miles for enjoyment. As I have said before I am very content as long as I am walking downhill or on flat areas! I am even more content if my walking path includes the occasional sidra bar. My in-laws have an old family home high in a very rural mountain village of about 20 people.We loaded backpacks full of food and wine one day and made an agonizing trek UP to unpack our food and eat it!You guessed it! After we walked 10 miles to eat we turned around and walked home. To eat....again. Several miles from our home in Spain is this awesome old palace . This is a XIV century palace in Olloniego, Asturias, Spain. I believe that I could view this structure every day for the rest of my life and it would never fail to take my breath away. Isn't it wonderful that these incredibly historic landmarks can exist without fences and guards and admissions to view, and please notice it is sans graffiti!!!

2 comments:

Karina said...

Views like this sure would make a 10 mile walk more pleasant, but still...WOW...10 miles?

It's no wonder people in some of these other countries can have such big meals, and their cultures center so much on food...with that much walking, you need the fuel!

Karina said...

Back to tell you I've tagged you for a meme over on my blog. ;D