Friday, October 26, 2007

Oviedo

I have not traveled to a lot of places in Europe. But I feel sure I will never find a city that I feel so strong about. This is my town baby! Welcome to Oviedo Asturias Spain.... the provincial capital of the kingdom of Asturias. AKA The Principality of Spain. The King of Spain's son is the Prince of Asturias. My husband tells me that when the King, Queen or Prince came to Oviedo, he and his mama would go stand on the streets to cheer them. Can anyone reading this blog even fathom standing on a street to catch a glimpse of George W Bush ? Let alone cheer for the fool.
ANYWAY back to my beloved Oviedo. I would wager money that you will never find a cleaner city of this size (over 200,000) anywhere in the world. If you know of one I want to know about it. I LOVE THIS CITY!

1 comment:

The Passionate Palate said...

Oh, I'm very sorry I missed Oviedo now. We drove by it on the freeway, heading north but didn't stop. Next time!