Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Can I borrow a Euro?


Its been quite a few years now since I have seen a cigarette machine in the United States. My girlfriends and I would purchase them for 50 cents a pack and go smoke them in the park, thinking we were very grownup and elegant. Looking back to how dumb I was as a kid, its probably a very good thing we didn't have these self serve cerveza dispensers standing next to the cigarette machines! I have no idea if other European Countries have Beer machines, If anyone reads this let me know. I don't care for San Miguel cerveza but I bought one anyway.....How many times in your life do you come upon a beer dispenser at the top of a mountian in Spain? (by the way, it was one Euro and fifty cents.) Mi gusta la cerveza y mi gusta España!

6 comments:

MommaBoo said...

This is hilarious!

Well, if we had those here in Alabama, they'd never remain stock!

This is a riot!

Anonymous said...

That's how I got started too.
My friends and I thought we were tres elegante with our extra long cigarettes.
Waving at you from a very hot New York,
Frances

The Passionate Palate said...

This is my first visit to your blog and it won't be my last. I love your sense of humor, the fact you hate Bush and that you love, love Asturias! I am a fellow Bush-hater, Asturias-lover, and a Spanish beer ("una spina por favor") lover. Oh, how I wish I was in Asturias now tasting all that beautiful food you teased us with in the photos. Happy Vacation!

Jannis said...

Hey Passionate P, wow that was a very nice comment that you left, thank you thank you! It took a bit to translate "spina" I first thought "1 thorn please. I GIT IT NOW HA HA Jannis

Fernando said...

Jannis,"birra a spina" is Italian for "cerveza de barril" or "caña" in Spanish.I think that Passionate Palate mixes both languages.

The Passionate Palate said...

Fernando is correct - I mixed up my languages, which is not unusual for me! I did mean "cana". Spain does have amazing beer on tap.