Sunday, November 18, 2007

Dinner with the King


Like everyone else in the United States I am getting ready for Thanksgiving. This is probably my favorite holiday as its not as commercialized as the others. No gifts required for this event! So what do you think of my formal dinning room? You like? Actually this is one of many formal dinning rooms of King Juan Carlos of Spain. This is the State Banquet Hall in the Palacio Real in Madrid. Every year the King holds Christmas dinner here and its said that the table can hold 150 people. I wouldnt know this for sure as my invitation has been lost in the mail the past several years....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

One of my brother's many girlfriends lived across the street from the palace. She talked about all her sightings of the royal family. And, how the queen was such a "real" mom always taking the prince to school in curlers. I always thought that made them a little more approachable.

Jannis said...

What an awesome comment! Thank you !!!

Karina said...

Wow, what a gorgeous table! 150 though? Small party! hahaha...

By the way, I answered your questions on my blog today (the ones I asked for at the beginning of NaBloPoMo).

Anonymous said...

hombre, unos asturianos en el exilio! un saludo desde la tierrina!