Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Driving in Spain



Tonight my husband brought up the subject of me getting my Spanish drivers license. Ok this is something that I am dreading...the fact that I have been driving since I was 12 years old (like most rural kids) amounts to squat. I am going to have to pay to go to a driving school, I will have to get an eye and health exam from a special doctor, I will have to take an extensive written test with questions ranging from motorcycles, delivery trucks, first aid, and working mechanics of vehicle's. Last but not least the actual driving test! Ahhh the parallel parking of a 12 foot long car into a 6 foot space on a steep hill. The round abouts. The streets that are so narrow we call them sidewalks in Kansas. The cost of this privilege will be at least 1000.00 dollars. (If I don't flunk it the 1st time) If I am lucky enough to pass this procedure I will have to drive for 1 year with a big green L sign in my rear window, that will announce to the world that I am a new learning driver. That's not embarrassing.

2 comments:

Karina said...

ICK, driving in Europe? NOT I!!!

All I remember from my last trip to Portugal was my dad driving on those sidewalks (uh, narrow streets) and I in the backseat going aiaiaiaiaiaiai!!!!!!!!!

Hootin Anni said...

Okay, so I hafta admit that I'm here from the Fun Monday drop down list I have on my blog...but I see your choice for president on your side bar and wanted to say...........YES!!!! He's got my vote too.