Thursday, January 17, 2008

This is home


Once again I am sorry for my absence. I am sure that all three of you that read my blog missed me! Today's post is the best that I could come up with. My adopted home. Asturias Spain. (Green Spain) Its roughly the size of the State of Connecticut, with a population of a bit over one million. Asturias is one of the last remaining Principality's of the world. My friend Candid Karina is from Portugal next door. (Karina , please show me/us where you are from)
This summer my husband and I plan on spending a few days in either Portugal or Southern France, both are pretty close. Where would you go?

3 comments:

SabineM said...

Hey here is one more reader, so that makes 4! ;-) Came via She Who Blog
I am originally from Switzerland but now residing in Southern Cal. Cannot wait for the day to get back to Europe!
I have been to Southern France alot and it is just charming. Not in July though... too crowded!
I was in Portugal, Lisbon, Sintra and Cascais! What a fabulous place! Just loved those little towns!
That is a tough question you ask! Both will be gorgeous places to visit! Though because I have only been to Portugal once, I would love to go there again! May I join u!/!? hee hee

Jannis said...

Yes you can join us! Thanks for the info about France in July.....I dont do heat.

Karina said...

OOOH, I want to come too! Actually, I'd love to go back to Portugal, but as I've never been to Spain (can you believe it?) I'd love to go there too.

To answer your question (and I think I'll post about it on my blog too sometime next week), I'm technically not from anywhere in Portugal. I was born in Angola, Africa, and then in Portugal I lived all over. I actually lived in a lot of the places Sabine mentioned, Cascais, Lisbon, Sintra, also Setubal, Santo Andre, Leiria.

Yeah, I'll post about it in more detail and let you know when I do! ;-)