Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Eat this !


I have my regular job at a public school here and I work 2 or 3 days a month at a restaurant here in town. Yesterday being New years day I decided to pick up a shift. Wow HUGE MISTAKE! Hey people, I am happy that you all got gift cards this Christmas. Next year use your head why don't you. Is it really so necessary to run out and use it the very second you open it? Hmmmm if I went to a restaurant and they had an hour wait to be seated Id try another place, eat fast food or go home and try some other time. Your waitress (me) is paid an hourly wage of 2.13 per hour. I also have to tip out the bartenders and all hosts and hostess's. I am going to do anything in my power to make your visit and meal enjoyable , because I want a tip. I want a good tip people. Please don't scream at me that you had to wait an hour to be seated. Please don't scream at me that your food took so long to arrive. I have no control over the kitchen. Cooks can be damn scary people when they get asked for the millionth time "Is my order ready yet, I really need it" Let us remember they have knives! I would like to toss out this novel idea, What say you hold on to that gift card for another week or even a month? After the crowds die down just a bit your service in any restaurant will be so much better. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pizzas.

I can't imagine screaming at my waitress because the seating takes too long or the food takes a while to get there. Its not like you have a lot of control over that.

We never go out to eat during holidays. Too crazy. I work retail, so I'm out in it, when it comes time to eat, my kitchen table is the best spot in town. -smile-

SabineM said...

I saw your post (this one) on SheWho BLogs! Great one! i Can So sympathize! ;-)