Sunday, March 2, 2008

Asturian Comida


I cant remember the street name of this part of Oviedo, and my husband isn't here to ask. Its a block or two from the Cathedral..... Anyway there are two very good restaurant's in this square. Its nice to enjoy a bottle of sidra, people watch and listen to some wonderful Asturian bagpipes. Here there is a restaurant that serves Patatas rellenas (filled potatoes) , I live for the one time a year that I get to eat this dish! Patatas rellenas are a lot of work to prepare. Its a whole potato cored and then filled with a mixture of meat, pimento, onion, white wine and spices. Lightly fried and then slowly stewed until soft and flavorful. OMG its so good! As a matter of fact that just might be the first thing I eat when I step off the train this summer!

1 comment:

Karina said...

Boy that does sound delicious!