Saturday, August 30, 2008

Memories

I have blogged before of my friends the Barbershttp://barbersnz.blogspot.com/ who sold everything they owned (except their children) and moved to a better life in a different country. I should add here that the Barbers are both Doctors so it wasn't as if they were without gains and means....I should also add here that GeorgeWBush might have influenced their decision to get the hell out of Dodge! ANYWHO..... My friend Manford gave me a great idea for a blog post..... "Memories" Oh my God, I have so many! My Grandma Fast's roast beef .... sometimes I can still smell it out of the blue....My honeymoon meal in Spain.... The waiter was changing a light bulb and cussing while simultaneously getting shocked!.. The first time I tasted the ocean and almost drowned! ....every vacation I ever took as a child with my mom or my dad .... when I was stopped by a KKK roadblock in Mississippi wondering if I was on Candid Camera ...comforting my brother that the BTK killer would not crawl through his bedroom window and murder him during his sleep.... eating goose jerky and making gingerbread houses with my neighbor Terry.....driving to Hudson Wisconsin with my dad and a load of greyhounds, reading out loud Forest Gump and drinking Miller lite beer. The first white wine I drank with my friends Lori and Mike .....oh my God I could go on and on and on and on...... please tell yours!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to say hey.
I could have sworn I left a comment on this post the last time I was here.
Must be getting old huh?
Hope all is well.
Sifting through a few memories of my own on this rainy afternoon.
Waving at you from New York,
Frances

qualcosa di bello said...

i cannot tell you how many times a day the thought of selling it all (not the kids!!) & moving flits through my mind each day. we did it one time & it changed our lives for the better. that was an out of state move. what i really dream of now is an out of country move. (not for politics, but rather for lifestyle)

Victor said...

i left you a comment in "my friends of Veguin"