Saturday, August 16, 2008

Menu de Comida Asturiana


So you find yourself in Asturias and have a craving for fresh seafood! I recommend the coastal village of Luanco. Not as touristy as other coastal locals, you can get fresh seafood as cheap as anywhere I have seen before. The prices listed are in Euros, tax included and Spanish waiters do not work for tips like we do in the USA.

Parrocha= Sardines

Chipirones= Whole Baby Squid

Calamares= Squid

Mejillones=Mussels

Pulpo= Octopus

Gambas Plancha=Grilled shrimp

Almejas= Clams

Fritos Bacalao= Fried Cod

Llampares= Goose neck Barnacles

Navajas=Razor Clams

Bigaros= Ocean Snails

Every year I tell myself that this will be the year I finally try snails! ........ to date I still haven't tried them yet. My plan is definitely set for 2009.....

No comments: