Thursday, August 7, 2008

My friends of Veguin


Please meet some of my friends that I spend time with every summer. I can tell you that I am always so happy to see these people and it is always sad to have to say good-bye.
Starting from the left is Almodovar. He is an auto body painter, loves all foods and plays cards almost every evening in Bar Corea with the same partners.
Berto is in the middle. Berto and I have 2 things in common , food and drink. We have long conversations about Spanish and American wines. Berto loves seafood but does not care much for meat and hates cheese!
Yoli is a co owner of Bar Corea. Kids adore her and vie for her attention. Yolie is one of my most curious friends about life in the United States and endlessly asks questions about my life here. She is usually Almodovar's card partner and Berto and he wait patiently while she pours cider and draught beer for the bar patrons in between hands. Unlike me Yolie hates Sidra.
Somebody drink a sidra for me because I miss it sooo much!
Puxa Asturias, Puxa Veguin!

1 comment:

Victor said...

hi! i'm from veguin and i found your web on google.
I couldn't believe it when I saw the picture, Berto is my Uncle, and my godfather too! (I want to say "padrino", but i'm not sure than godfather means at all, sorry by me english...hehe)
Nice to meet you and see you soon in Veguín.