Friday, September 21, 2007

Cudillero


I will never forget the first time I saw Cudillero! I had never seen a town like it before. I am told its nickname is The town of the hanging houses, I can't imagine being old with hip or knee problems and living here. I get very cranky when I am forced to walk up hill. I am however very lovely to get along with when I am walking downhill. Cudillero is a fishing port, and it's so amazing to watch the boats come in with their daily catch. I had a incredible seafood soup (sopa de marisco) at a restaurant by the harbor. It had chunks of crab, claw and shell included, clams, whole bodies of shrimp, chunks of white fish, mussels and no idea what else. It was FABULOUS. I am sure the rest of the meal was good as well but WOW, I really recommend the soup! By the way....this is a photo of my beautiful suegra y suegro. Te quiero y te echo mucho de menos!!! Ta luego y besos.

2 comments:

The Passionate Palate said...

This town sounds beautiful! I love the picture and would love it even more if I could jump in the boat and go for a little coastal tour. I'll remember this town to check out on my next visit.

Jannis said...

P.P please try to let me know in advance the next time you holiday in Asturias.... mabye we can get together. My husband and my father are going over Christmas. Sadly I have to stay......boo hoo.