Tuesday, September 25, 2007

La colada


Let me tell you about two fascinating ladies in Asturias. Chari on the left is the wife of Miguel's best friend Fernando. She is a French teacher and dance instructor. (Andalusian dance I think) Chari has traveled the world, she lets me play dress up in her gorgeous dance costume's, she always smells good and when she says "claro" and "si si" I want to speak just like her! Chari is so kind and responsible that she will always designate herself the driver, thus drinking chamomile tea and non alcoholic beers all night.

Carmen is a high school math teacher, she is quiet and lovely. When I speak my version of Spanglish she never corrects me and always seems to know what I am trying to say! We walk through the streets at night window shopping cosmetics, home furnishings and shoes. I smile at her and she smiles at me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog's look. The pictures with each post are just gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing,
Frances

Jannis said...

Thats the ultimate compliment. Thank you!

The Passionate Palate said...

Lovely photo and the women sound fun, interesting and fascinating people to have befriended!