Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mi Padre


I love love this photo of mi padre. This is the lovely fishing village of Lastres. If you enlarge this picture you can see the old cannons in the background, once used to protect the town from pirates and other enemies! My dad was the 1st person from the U.S that I have ever taken with me and it was a wonderful bonding time for me. I hadn't ever seen him so happy and curious about things before. He did not stop saying "what incredible engineers the Romans were,"and he was amazed by the European clothing..... it was so funny to find my big , tough cowboy dad in a dress boutique inquiring about a Jean Paul Gaultier evening gown. The rest of that day he kept muttering "where the hell would a woman wear a get-up like that?" I love you dad.

2 comments:

qualcosa di bello said...

that is a great photo...you can see the wonderment in his face!

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of your dad. It seems to recall all sorts of wonderful memories for you.