Saturday, September 1, 2007

Happy memories


This is one of my favorite places in Spain, its quiet, beautiful and free to visit. Many times it comes with my own private bartender! This is the backyard of mi suegros. (in laws) I have taken many afternoon siestas under the hazelnut trees here. One nice memory I have is finding my dad, my husband and my father in law all sleeping soundly after a typical feast prepared by Mari (my mother in law.) I love to pick lemon leaves and crush them under my nose..... When I tire of lemons I move on to the lavender and rosemary bushes. If I get hungry I have a choice of pears, apples, cherries, strawberries, figs, or hazelnuts. When I get thirsty my father in law will gladly pour me a vaso de sidra (glass of cider.) I am a pampered princess....

2 comments:

qualcosa di bello said...

lovely! all the wonders of that place (especially lavendar & lemon for me)...sigh.

MommaBoo said...

What a nice memory.

I wanna go, now...